Transitioning your wardrobe from winter to spring is never an easy task, but its been especially challenging for us Georgia girls this year, as one day its 40 degrees and the next day it's 70 and sunny!
At Dawn & Rae Boutique, we’ve always loved this time of year that allows us to slowly transition our wardrobe, as there are SO many fun pieces you can add to your outfit to brighten and liven it up! But for those of you who always find yourself questioning what exactly to wear during this time of year, we’re sharing our top five favorite pieces to add to your wardrobe this spring to make the transition easier.
- Kimono – The PERFECT transition piece, kimonos not only add an extra layer of warmth but are also a great additional accessory. We recommend any floral kimono - which are all the rave this year - and pairing this with denim or white skinny jeans.
- Lightweight bomber jackets – There’s no need to carry around a heavy jacket during this time of year, which is why we love these lightweight bombers. These jackets pair definitely help in keeping you warm and pair well with any outfit. An added bonus, these jackets are easy to transition from that daytime to night time look. *This bomber pictured here is currently on sale at Dawn & Rae Boutique!*
- Thermals – We are OBSESSED with thermal tops this spring and love how versatile they are. Dress them down for a daytime look with a bralette and pair of shorts or dress them up for a girl’s night out with black leather leggings and pumps. An added bonus – the softness of thermals makes them the best travel outfit.
- Maxi dresses – Quite arguably my favorite transition piece, maxi dresses make it seem like you put tons of effort into your outfit, when in reality it’s a quick, easy and comfortable outfit that can be worn day or night. We also love that the added length of maxi dresses keeps your legs nice and cool while still allowing for a nice breeze.
- Cut out/cold shoulder sweaters – For your chilly spring nights, cut out sweaters (extra win: a sweater with ruffles) make for the perfect warm piece. Simply pair with some fresh and crisp white skinny jeans and your ready for a spring day or night out!